Sunday, August 5, 2007

I sampled your life, you was using it wrong

Calvin Klein, a former Brooklyn drug dealer who Jay-Z mentions in his song “Allure”, recently appeared on DJ Kay Slay’s show on Shade 45 claiming he launched Jay’s career and that Jay’s drug dealing past holds no weight.

“In the 80’s, Jay wasn’t trying to be a drug dealer he was tryna be a rapper but in order for him to transcend himself into this hell of a dude, he had to take characters from the 80’s like myself , said Klein. “ I give him 10% of his life that he talked about; I gotta give him something, [laughs]. He is from Brooklyn, he lived in Marcy Projects, his name is Sean Carter, he got that right."

this shit's kinda funny. read more at six shot...

also, Jay takes some subtle jabs at Lil Weezy on this new T.I. joint...


No comments: